Are you tired of coming home after a long day at work and having to spend hours in the kitchen preparing dinner? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! In this article, we will share some easy and delicious quick meals that you can prepare on busy weeknights without compromising on taste or nutrition. From one-pot wonders to sheet pan dinners, we’ve got something for everyone.
1. One-Pot Pasta
One-pot pasta is a game-changer when it comes to easy quick meals. All you need is a pot, some water, and your favorite pasta, and you’re good to go. Here’s how to make it:
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil.
- Add your favorite pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a cup of the cooking water.
- Return the pasta to the pot and add your favorite sauce, along with some of the reserved cooking water to thin it out.
- Cook for a few more minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is heated through and the pasta is coated.
2. Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Sheet pan dinners are a lifesaver when it comes to weeknight quick meals. With this sheet pan chicken fajita recipe, you’ll have a delicious and healthy dinner on the table in no time.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and season with fajita seasoning.
- Slice bell peppers and onions into thin strips.
- Spread the chicken, peppers, and onions on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with tortillas, guacamole, and salsa.
Stir-fry is another quick meals that you can make in no time. It’s also a great way to use up any vegetables you have in your fridge. Here’s how to make it:
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Add your favorite protein, such as chicken, beef, or tofu, and cook until browned.
- Add your favorite vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, and bell peppers, and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of soy sauce and a tablespoon of oyster sauce, and stir-fry for another minute or two.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Quesadillas are quick meals that you can make with just a few ingredients. Here’s how to make them:
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Spread a tortilla with refried beans or hummus.
- Add your favorite cheese and any other toppings you like, such as chopped tomatoes, onions, and jalapeños.
- Top with another tortilla.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side, until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy.
- Cut into wedges and serve with salsa and guacamole.
5. Slow Cooker Chili
Slow cooker meals are the ultimate in convenience. With this slow cooker chili recipe, you can have dinner ready and waiting for you when you get home.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the flavors have melded together.
- Slow Cooker Chili (continued)
- Serve with your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, and chopped green onions.
6. Baked Salmon
Baked salmon is a healthy and delicious quick meals that you can have on the table in less than 30 minutes. Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Place the fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh herbs, such as dill or parsley.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables or quinoa.
7. Instant Pot Soup
If you have an Instant Pot, making soup has never been easier. Here’s a recipe for a hearty and healthy lentil soup:
- Saute onions, carrots, and celery in the Instant Pot using the saute function.
- Add lentils, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, and your favorite seasonings, such as cumin and paprika.
- Seal the Instant Pot and set it to manual high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before quick releasing the rest.
- Serve with a slice of crusty bread.
Who doesn’t love tacos? They’re quick, easy, and delicious. Here’s how to make them:
- Brown ground beef in a skillet and season with taco seasoning.
- Warm up tortillas in the microwave or on a griddle.
- Fill the tortillas with the beef, along with your favorite toppings, such as shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and shredded cheese.
- Serve with salsa and guacamole.
9. Grilled Cheese
Grilled cheese may be a simple meal, but it’s also a classic for a reason. Here’s how to make the ultimate grilled cheese:
- Butter two slices of bread.
- Place a slice of cheese between the two slices of bread.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and place the sandwich in the skillet.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side, until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with tomato soup for the ultimate comfort meal.
In conclusion, there are plenty of easy and delicious quick meals that you can make on busy weeknights without sacrificing taste or nutrition. Whether you prefer one-pot wonders or sheet pan dinners, there’s something for everyone. So next time you’re short on time, try one of these recipes and enjoy a delicious and stress-free meal.
Can I substitute tofu for the protein in the stir-fry recipe?
Absolutely! Tofu is a great source of plant-based protein and would work well in this recipe.
Can I use a different type of fish for the baked salmon recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of fish that you like. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef in the slow cooker chili recipe?
Yes, ground turkey would work well in this recipe.
Can I make the sheet pan chicken fajitas ahead of time?
Yes, you can prep the ingredients ahead of time and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to cook them.
Can I use a different type of cheese in the grilled cheese recipe?
Absolutely! Experiment with different types of cheese to find your favorite combination.
Photo by Ella Olsson